Welwyn Garden City Golf Club has become well known for its very friendly, sociable and welcoming atmosphere to members and visitors alike.
Nick Faldo has long been associated with Welwyn Garden City Golf Club and a special board greets members and visitors on entering the clubhouse, detailing the numerous titles he has held during his career.
Since the original clubhouse was opened in 1928 by the Captain, R L Reiss, there have been a number of changes and refurbishments. The clubhouse was most recently replaced in 1981, and was officially opened on 12 June 1982 by the President of the Hertfordshire Golf Union, Mr William Fernie.
Since 1982 a new extension of the Men’s Changing Room, Pro shop and link-way to the clubhouse has been completed and was officially opened by Mr Clive Harkett, President of the Hertfordshire Golf Union on 7th March 1988.